Sunday, October 28, 2007

Drunk on Election Night.

I'm pretty sure there'll be no need for a repeat of The Great Drowning of Sorrow of 1996, but as a precautionary measure I have taken a vow of teetotal. I shall be weeping (tears of sorrow or fear) into my tea, no doubt. Our friend is having a 50th birthday party and it is Monty Python themed and there's no television so I expect I'll be sneaking over to their neighbour's house (dressed as perhaps A Duck or A Witch or A Newt That Got Better) to check out the lay of the land.

So tell me, what will you be doing on Election Night?

4 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Granted, he has some charm... but it's mostly relative. There is The Chinese Thing. But surely he's not "the lay of the land"???

Thea
(that's Julia's job)

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

I think there are plans to invade the tally room, or to watch the tally on the telly.

 
At 7:23 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Can that really be 11 years ago?

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Dave said...

It's easier if it's not happening directly to you, day in and day out, Winston.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home