Friday, March 06, 2009

Date up.

What to report?

I had my passport photos taken on Tuesday, and I was sick and also, the wrong person, and the photographs were dreadful. Then today I was the right person (fleetingly) and had them taken again. Much better.

I felt ashamed of the vanity but a passport lasts 10 years and becomes your idea of your traveling self and I talked to Nola about it and she said it was perfectly reasonable and she would have done the same.

I expect things have changed in airports. How will I manage not to nervously talk about the forbidden topics such as B*mbs, Ter*o**ts, and Boog*ie Bo*rds????

Should I wear some kind of Mental Elf Alert button?
Perhaps I need to produce a leaflet entitled "Laughs at Funerals: Cannot Help It."

Does anybody else have this fear?

4 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger alixkid said...

I think you will be fine.

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger emmajeans said...

You could talk about Loch Ness Monsters instead. And just assume that your interlocutor *knows* that Nessie is in on the whole B*mbs, Ter*o**ts, and Boog*ie Bo*rd scheme.

Or you could play that game where instead of saying any of the forbidden words, you say 'sausages' instead.

Hooray for great passport pics! (I won't tell you how many times I had my passport photo taken...) Although, a friend told me that I should try to look as aweful as possible in my passport photo, so that they can recognise me if I'm found dead in a ditch... or when I arrive somewhere at 4am after travelling in economy class for 30 hours.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

How about pinning a note to self saying, "Please look after these bears. Thank you."?

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Thanks, Alix, and thank you emmajeans for the excellent Nessie and sausage advice also thank you Winston for your suggestion which is worth ~bearing~ in mind...

"Haggis", I shall say emphatically, and then I'll look distractedly over your left shoulder. That should work well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home