Tuesday, August 23, 2005

On the box.

My boxing teacher, Rocky Raccoon, doesn't understand me.
That, in itself, is not a problem.

The problem is, he's trying to figure me out.

For a while he was assuming I was there to lose weight.

(At boxing, the week before last...)
Rocky Raccoon: "And if you keep coming every week, and do your skipping, you'll lose heaps and heaps of weight."
Me: "Uh huh."
Rocky Raccoon: "And then, when you go to the pub, all the men will hit on you!"
Me: "Oh, great, coz I've really missed THAT."

Well disabused, Rocky's search for motive was over, or so I hoped.

But no.

I went to boxing last week to find that Rocky had lugged in a wide-screen TV. On the screen were muscle men and close-ups of bloody noses. Ew. I have already told him that the less connection I sense between the skipping, push ups, punching of bags, and people actually fighting, the less likely I am to wag class, but I might not have said all that aloud.

I blame "Million Dollar Baby".

6 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

You're going to boxing classes?
Boxing classes??

With actual boxing???

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Well, you know how we feel about team sports.

And the only other fitness type class in Bugsplat is bellydance and Calypso is teaching that.

So... feel very sorry for Rocky.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Dave said...

You don't sully the noble art by actually hitting anyone, do you?

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Every now and then my teacher Rocky makes me put on gloves and hit him in the belly or on his helmet. If actual contact is made (usually by him throwing himself at my fists) we have a cute little routine.

I apologise profusely and look really, really anxious. He laughs and does a strange little sarcastic dance waving his fists like a baby.

So, no, not really.

 
At 5:08 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

You do know that there are no sweets involved in the sweet science?

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Wot sweet science?

*perks up*

Sweets?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home