Thursday, August 11, 2005

Big shop, in BigSplat.

It's my day off at last, and I really need it, and we've slept late and we're just about to head off down the road, and then the highway, to BigSplat, the "big" town - it's bigger than Bugsplat, to do our fortnightly shop. Tonight's the night we forsake boxing for a board meeting, and then it's back to work tomorrow.

Work's been pretty calm lately, we're starting to understand the various systems in place. It's been good to have some quiet time there, chopping wood, cleaning, filing, thinking. I've ordered some books to sell in Wildflower Season, coming soon, and they arrived yesterday and there was something very pleasant about sticking the sticky labels on them and pricing them proprietorially, not unlike a pleasure I remember from childhood - sticking stamps into an album and admiring the really pretty ones, you know, the ones from little tiny island nations for whom philatelic sales are a significant source of international currency.

Trouble wants to do a MYOB course at *flails* errr, "LittleSplat" - it's bigger than Bugsplat, and smaller than BigSplat, and it's only 30km down the road. I never thought there was a single one of us with any interest in doing something as sensible as that. I'm glad to be wrong.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

MYOB is much better than it used to be - it is very user-friendly and logical. I enjoy using it much more than using ledger paper and a calculator and a pen and my brain. It is actually kinda fun (if you are into that sort of thing!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home