Thursday, November 24, 2005

A big girl's blouse.

Bugsplat has a climate rather like Melbourne's. I can expect to be able to wear black skirts all through summer. And so, expecting to be able to wear black skirts all through summer, I bought three new today, one quite frilly, one less frilly than the other one, and one with a white swirl.

I was in the big girl's special shop, in Seaside City, 2 hours drive from Bugsplat. Nothing in that shop is ever too small. I like that in a shop. But.... the clothes looked so familiar. Is fashion moving extremely slowly lately or is it just big girl's clothes that never change? I was wearing this stuff four years ago in Mullumbimby. Turquoise and brown swirls. Argumentative pinks. Frills. Flounces. Sequins and beads.

It was easy today - all I wanted was black skirts and a couple of blouses.

I chose two of the least decorative blouses from the flouncy section . They're nice enough. One has some unfortunate pink floral business going on at the ends of the sleeves, but the other is really quite plain, for a big girl's blouse.

3 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger emmajeans said...

Fashion rarely moves slowly, but seems to be cycling through more quickly.
That is, if you pay attention to fashion and the following of trends.
I like it because I am fascinated by the way people organise their realities. Fashion seems a big part of it for the under 17 year old females in this part of the world. The males too, but purely from a spectator's perspective!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Penn said...

I was having fashion thoughts just this morning when I saw a girl wearing brown cords and a pink jumper standing by the side of the road. I liked her clothes and it made think that I would probably like her. And then I wondered would she make the same assumption about me. And then I became worried because I hadn't thought about what I was wearing and mabye I was telling the world I was a different person than who I am.

Maybe because I don't think about dressing means I don't make the kind of friends I would like to.

Dressing seems dangerous. But black is always safe. Basic black skirt pleases most and keeps lots secret.

Happy shopping :)

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

My favourite black skirt hides a multitude of sins.

My Princessy self like Yeppi's thinking regarding clothes and friends. I could extrapolate it further: the amount of clothing one wears is inversely proportional to the number of friends one has. This, again, is based on the studies of under-17 year old females, and their male friends.

I wonder if people want to make friends with people who wear pirate bandanas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home