Saturday, March 18, 2006

Windy days are good for washing.

Sand in my eyes, hair whipping my face, salt stinging my lungs: nothing is quite as bracing as a swim in the antarctic currents of Storm Point on a really windy day.

Our list of achievements today.

1. I finally cleaned up the wardrobe drawers, a job I have been avoiding for some weeks and Roz soaped them so that they will no longer jam irritatingly when we are in a morning-must-find-socks kind of flap.

2. Calypso and I did all our laundry including things like scarves; cloth bags and hats; washable shoes; bathroom bags; and stockings.

3. Someone made couscous for lunch. Thanks.

There was an sooty oyster catcher at Storm Point today, elegant in shiny black with a bright orange-red bill and feet.

We've had a busy week with work. Trouble and various polly attended a conference at a swanky resort in BiggerThanBigsplat, by the sea. It was all about how to apply for grant money. The sandwiches were fantastic. We wore our new burgandy suit and drank far too much really good free coffee. There were lots of opportunities for amateur sociology, which is a bad habit of mine. I'm Just Jo. Ms Trouble took it all pretty seriously. I traded snide remarks with Thea.

I really like oyster catchers.
And the sooty oyster catcher is probably my favourite.


Your Irish Name Is...

Kayleigh O'Leary



Just Jo is Zoe Moore.
Thea is Isobel Malone.
Viola is Kayleigh O'Leary.
Mannie is Niamh Walsh.
Roz is Ennis O'Reilly.
Shell is Nicola MacDermot.
Calypso is Duvessa Keane.

Trouble is... bored with this stupid meme.
:)

2 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

I once read that the term "Ms." could be used for males and females.
just a thought.
huzzah for good free coffee!

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger emmajeans said...

when you write about oyster catchers, I think of "The Walrus and the Carpenter".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home