Saturday, April 08, 2006

In Bugsplat, no such thing as a free ticket.

Last night the Bugsplat Arts Association hosted a show at the Bugsplat Town Hall.

The price of my free ticket was to take photographs with Gray's digital camera. The price of Honey's free ticket was to work the door.
She picked me up early.



The support act was two guys with guitars from South City.
They were just fine.

There were a lot of empty chairs and lots of worried lookng Arts Association members wandering about watching the door, and hoping aloud for a last minute rush,

The lead act was also two (more famous) guys with guitars.
They were fabulous.

There was no last minute rush. There was however, a raffle ticket debacle.

Gritting her teeth, Nadia danced. With me. The audience relaxed. Later, Honey danced too. It was very difficult not to bellydance! We had fun trying not to. Wagging fingers whenever the other lapsed into a shimmy.

Honey and I, knowing how these things go, left straight after the last song to avoid being roped into the cleaning up and post mortem. We might have stayed to help but we couldn't face the post mortem. Every time I go to one of these shows with a free ticket I end up wishing I'd just paid my money. Last night was no exception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home