Saturday, January 13, 2007

Politics.

Snopes is a great place.

At Polly HQ we try to avoid talking politics these days. I'd tell you why but I'd have to talk politics. But I will say - that poem scares me. The world is a very scary place.

In our capacity as awards judges we recently saw Children of Men. It was utterly amazing. Alas, it did have the (somewhat expected) effect of leading to relapse in the whole thinking/talking about politics and the state of the world. Don't let that stop you though - that movie is wonderful.

Unexpected effect - after years of seething animosity I find myself suddenly very fond of Micheal Caine.

*whew!*
I seem to have slid sideways out of that little relapse. Hurrah.
We had a very nice time talking to Mia last night.
(You may know Mia by her other, less fake, name.)

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Unexpected effect - after years of seething animosity I find myself suddenly very fond of Micheal Caine.

I, too, was so angry after seeing him in Jaws - the revenge.

You are talking about him in Jaws - the revenge, aren't you?

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Animosity began with "Blame it on Rio". *shudder*
He has redeemed himself and is forgiven.
Just.
I don't know if his redemption would survive a viewing of Jaws - the revenge - what dd you think?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home