Monday, January 02, 2006

First meme of the year.

Thanks to Mr Poppy Brite!

Last Book Read: Shalimar the Clown, by Salman Rushdie. The only problem is I only managed to get halfway through it before it was due back at the library (Gray read it first) and they wouldn't let me renew it because it's been requested elsewhere. So far though, a bloody good read, and hard to hand over to the Bugsplat librarian.

Last Live Music Show Seen: Right here in our lounge room. Leila brought our viola (Lou) home! And Sam brought our guitar home! And Mia can sing!! And for someone who hasn't picked up a violin for several years, she did very, very well at that too.

It is really great to have my viola back. Apparently my viola is called Lou and my violin is called Lilly. They are friends.

Last CD Purchased: "Diving for things that shine." by Debra Jaye. It's fantastic. Unfortunately there appear to be no more of those CDs anywhere. I know because I have tried to re-stock them at the Bugsplat Visitor Centre.
I bought it as a birthday gift, for Stephen.

nb: "Stephen and Mia" - do you like your fake names or do they weird you out? Let me know.

Last Thing Cooked: Mushrooms and tofu for breakfast.

Last New Thing Eaten: Watermelon and Fetta salad at Naomi's house, for dinner last night.

My god. Watermelon, Fetta, Coconut, Pumpkin Seeds.

nb: No, I don't know why I give all my friends fake names (sometimes a few of them) and yet I don't bother with ...

Last Thing Bought: Avocado, mushrooms and bread, at the Bugsplat General Store.

Using for the first time my new (thank you Leila) orange wallet. It's pretty!

Last Gift Received: Fudge. "Midnight Hits" Sicilian coffee fudge and "Midnight Hits" Irish Coffee fudge. Mmmmm!

Last Piece of Clothing Bought or Received as a Gift:

Mia and I exchanged gifts of scarves.
I bought her (and Leila) a "Nullabor Nights" scarf. They are as soft as clouds. I think they might be made of clouds. Perhaps a desert goat farmer harvests clouds at full moon and weaves them into them?

Mia and Stephen gave me a scarf from China. It is extremely beautiful. It features peacocks. I will wear it whenever I wish to feel beautiful. The background red is a rich dark fushia. It is a particular favourite of ours. We only like (to wear) two reds - cherry red and this very, very particular shade of reddish fushia.


Last Embarrassing Experience: The photographic evidence of me/us being unable to decide whether to adopt the "monkey" pose in the breakfast banana-eating photographs or the "hooker" pose. We had to chose, see. And, as you may already know, we are a somewhat indecisive polly.

Last Totally New Experience: god, I must be getting so very venerable.

Last Foreign Country Visited if any: the past. (They do things differently there.)

Last New Bird Seen (feel free to substitute enthusiasm of your own if not a birder): Quokka!!
Mainland kind. First time we've seen a quokka here. They are EXTREMELY cute. They are bunny rabbit sized (bit bigger).


Last Big Achievement: Trouble, working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home