Thursday, December 15, 2005

Fame's sparkle, gracing our table.

Fame came to dinner, in a pretty boy skin.

And when our guest laughed, and it was the pretty boy lovely fellow we invited home laughing PLUS it was fame itself, the history of fame, the silver masks of the Townsville Twin Cinemas circa 1980... laughing as well. He was obviously used to admiration and adulation an backstage shenanigans and airplay. He had a habit of fame.

I was surprised by the tickle of response in us (me, us, and also, me & gray, us) to it's power. I remembered when I was 19, first encountering wealth, real wealth, not the 'wears the latest Sportsgirl frocks' wealth, wealth that equates to power.

How weak at the knees it made me! And of course I was ashamed afterwards, having always believed myself immune. How shameful it is to be so vulnerable ~ to be. suddenly, a pack animal.

Aside from all of that, he's a really lovely person.
We'll be seeing more of him.
:~)
And no, I won't be telling you his name.

:P

7 Comments:

At 1:39 AM, Blogger Lyria Lin said...

awwww no names!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

maybe you could refer to him as Tony Stark. or Mr Luthor. or ...
I don't know. Is there any famous non-evil rich person in comics?

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

How about PBTWF. That's catchy. Pretty boy tinged with fame.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Chriplodocus said...

Batman's a rich person.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Tony Stark is evil now?

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger emmajeans said...

Depends. If you are from HYDRA, then yes. Yes he is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home