Tuesday, June 06, 2006

All in a day's work or Lost: some big white marbles.


Update
: We've spread ourselves out a bit, with some new blogs. Trouble has one of her own, all about work. Anybody here is welcome to read. Just ask.

Today was the culmination of several weeks of work for us on a project we initiated - the return to their communities of origin of 17 indigenous artefacts held (in custodianship) by the Bugsplat Visitor Centre. It's been a very intense few weeks for Trouble and Just Jo working on this project. In the agreement brokered last week there were a dozen stakeholders reaching agreement from very different philosophical, moral, cultural and political perspectives. (HEY! That sounds familiar! That could be Polly making any decision at all, no matter how trivial. No wonder we're GOOD at this stuff.) And today was the day the artefacts left the Bugsplat Visitor Centre and the end of an era.

It was meaningful and challenging work and we're glad these precious items are going home to their people where they will be cherished and respected and are no longer on display to the general public. I'm glad they're less vulnerable to theft too. I will no longer run into the collection room, every morning, just to see that they are okay. It was a good day. It's been great to work with the local indigenous community and I have met some great people along the way.

4 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

So I guess you won't be getting that job at the British Museum?

Nice new color scheme for the blog, BTW. We approve with a rousing "Hazzah!"

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Indeed - don't leave me alone with those marbles for a moment.
And, I'm glad you like the new colours, thank you.
:)

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Penn said...

Hi Polly. I am back on board...Less than a story of course...(what wild imaginings that I could ever write one!!!) but more of the day to day...

Please put me back into your blog wanderings dear land OWNER.

I did love the look of the land. That kind is really what I want. I love heathy. I love sand...

What beautiful peace I would ffind there!!!


Penn

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

I went to plum pocket - but I didn't find your update, sweetie, is it elsewhere?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home