Friday, June 23, 2006

Long day.

Over the last six months I've had a lot of pain in my knee, following a very stupid incident at *sigh* a first-aid course where I took my responsibility to save the life of that stupid dummy a little too seriously and damaged my knee as I kneeled down far too quickly onto cold concrete. I probably should have had it checked out, but I didn't and it would get better, then worse, then better, then worse, but it never stopped me doing much and it certainly didn't stop me boxing, going to yoga or teaching bellydance at the Bugsplat Family Centre.

For a while there were six yoga asanas that I couldn't do because of my knee - and Yama taught me modified versions of them but gradually I was able to do more and more of those without the modifications and last week I did them all without any modification. Last week I was feeling pretty confident about my knee and believed it to be healed. Unfortunately, last night, almost at the end of bellydance class, it completely collapsed on me and I had a really horrible night of pain and when morning came I found I couldn't walk properly and that got steadily worse and Gray took me to Bigsplat Hospital.

The staff were really nice. I liked the nurse, and the doctor and the radiologist and the physiotherapist. Not having much fondness for Bigsplat as a town, I was pleasantly surprised by how lovely all the staff were. It wasn't too bad. They got it all done on the one day. There's no bone damage showing on the x-ray. It's either going to be fine, or not. That was the doctor's opinion. Either way, we won't know until I've given it four weeks of rest. They've given me a splint and some elbow crutches and some physiotherapy exercises and I have another physiotherapy appointment on Tuesday where I can expect much worse now that she knows she doesn't have to be careful on account of the possibility of there being bone damage. No Dancing for at least four weeks until it heals. If it heals. If it doesn't, then it's something really horrible requiring surgery in SeaSide City.
So, much as I am fond of SeaSide City...

It's been a long, painful and distressing day.

2 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

Hugs for sore knees, and no dancing.
I would go crazy, I think.
Hugs for you.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Eight Lives Left said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your knee. Knee injuries are the worst in some ways. Listen to the doctors, and take care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home