Saturday, June 25, 2005

Playing guitar at the food co-op.

Gray is working very hard for his boss, the very beautiful and somewhat imperial Naomi, who called him from her hospital bed to ask him to work on a grant application that is due in five days. He couldn't possibly refuse but it's a huge challenge for him - she's the only person who really has all the information so he's having to wing it. Just as well he has a sound academic background in Wankology.

I did Gray's day at the Food Co-op for him, and Troy came in and said he didn't mind if I just played guitar the whole time, so I did. An old lady walked by while I was playing "Love is Pleasing" and she lingered in the doorway and said sweet things when I was done. I can play 129 songs now. That's quite a lot of songs. I don't play all of them well, but some are okay. Troy thinks it gives the place good energy. I liked all the praise I got from Troy and the customers. I am a little bit needy that way.

Tonight the Arts Association is hosting a Comedy Film Festival at the Town Hall. Mannie is making plates and plates of rice-paper rolls and a jar of dipping sauce in return for a free ticket. They make lots of money selling little supper plates, probably as much money as they make selling tickets. I'm also working at the door - and I have a complimentary ticket for Gray so we'll both be going.

I'll get dressed up, wear my red jacket. It will be fun.

1 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

:~)

Oh, I'm tired, but it's gooooood tired. You? How are you doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home