Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Shooting chores.

It's my day off today and the volunteer replacing me today is friendly, calm, reliable and likes me so I'm enjoying my morning without any anxiety about what kind of craziness is occurring at work, without me.

I have a SheOak session tonight at Lilly's house and nothing to do this afternoon. I've spent most of the morning in bed reading a novel, "Transit of Venus". It's by Shirley Hazzard, an Australian writer. It's really pretty good and nothing like the kind of book that the title might suggest to those who tend to judge a book by it's title, like um *guilty look* me - I admit I was relieved when the astrological bit proved to be such a small conceit, hmmm, time for a full stop, surely, okay then, here, have three... And I've grumbled about washing (which I really ought to go and hang out), had coffee with Gray and look, it's almost noon.
Oops, scratch the "almost".
(insert whocka board sound FX)
Back again, and the kettle has just boiled and I'm about to drink a Laspang Souchong tea and...
(more of the whocka board sound FX)
here I am again, drinking tea. I've been shooting chores today. Laundry, a trip to the village tip to fossick for computer junk and to recycle an embarrassment of wine bottles, more laundry, some landlord wrangling regarding a dodgy electrical switch, and a couple of work related phone calls.
It's beautiful here - cold and sunny.

Want to see pictures of the beautiful kitty?
And our (also beautiful) ex-husband?
Email me and I'll send you a link, once I have checked that it's okay to do that. Or, I might post it here, if that's okay. I'm not sure exactly who it has to be okay with, possibly with some Polly people as well as some other people lucky enough to have a whole body all of their own. My people will talk to some other people, and we'll get back to you. For proof that I do in fact know how to use the link function on Blogspot, pop over to My Cardigan Smells of Dog. Or, you could just scroll down a bit.

3 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger linbot said...

Just in case I was one of the people that you were thinking of asking, it's fine with me to post a link to the pics here.

*hugs*

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Thanks very much.
I have emailed the lovely X for his permission too, and if he gives the okay I'll put a link to it from here. I think. Unless some of my own people have their own issues. *sigh* Want body closet. Full of bodies. But that's a whole other post, isn't it? Thanks for the hugs. :~)

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger emmajeans said...

body closet... wow... and most people I know only have skeletons in their closets.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home