Thursday, September 22, 2005

Don't do that, you might get hurt.

I've just come home from a really great night of boxing. It was just me and Mr. Racoon today and he said I've made some real progress with technique. He put the pads on and walked me up and down the floor what felt like a hundred times, telling me all the hundreds of things I was doing wrong, and then, towards the end, I did feel some kind of "click". Then we did some defence moves. There's these beautiful dance-like moves called "slipping". Also some "ducking", "weaving" and "bobbing". As I was "slipping" I thought; this is where rap dancing comes from. Obviously not the only place, but there's a rap dancing move that looks to me, ~now~, like a stylised version of "slipping".

My teacher, Mr. Racoon told me some bad news today which is that he's got what he wanted - a real fight, soon. I was aghast.

"Oh, please don't do that," I said, "you might get hurt!"

1 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

I am reading Mozart Maulers - Dorian Mode's 'autobiography'. It is funny. The part where he tried boxing made me think of you. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home