Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Trundling along.

Monday's dance class was fine, but Honey was busy and couldn't make it. I haven't seen Freida for a couple of weeks, she's busy with her restruant. So we were just four. Renee, Lalla and Zil and us. Calypso, mainly.

(I hope you're paying attention. Later, there will be a test.)

Yesterday's (twice yearly, regional tourism strategy) meeting was way above my head.

The President of Bugsplat Visitor Centre arrived at our house at ten to nine, and we drove his car, so he could read the agenda. It's a gorgeous country road through forests and farms to LittleSplat, where the meeting was held in the well worn splendour of LittleSplat Hotel.

I found myself watching over Trouble's shoulder as she agreed to motions (because they record, for and against) that we didn't understand. She agreed on account of not wanting to look foolish. I expect it's a sensible choice, but it ~troubled~ me. She's a very pragmatic girl, Ms. Trouble. I don't think I'm fit for the world of work. I couldn't really have abstained, could I?
It would have attracted a great deal of attention.
In the old days of course, I would have had firm views.
When one has opinions, one is allowed to abstain or cause a fuss. It's not acceptable to cause a fuss because you don't understand the issues. Apparently. Perhaps Trouble would rather we look as if we understand the issues.

The sandwiches were good.

At yoga with Yama, in the evening, Renee and Lalla were there, and Jacki and Megan too, as well as lots of people I don't know well enough to merit fake names. Yama was a bit anxious about me and another student who is a fitness instructor, and she gave an unnecessary pre-emptive speech in defence of Yoga generally, but other than that, she's fantastic.

I guess we're just trundling along.

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Penn said...

I love those little triangular sandwhiches. Good ones make up for even the most beweildering situations. Maybe thats why they are so good...because eating them is something you can be accomplished at when all else fails.

Thats stupid.

But you can't make them as good at home can you.

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Polysemous said...

You're absolutely right about the sandwiches. They were triangular, astonishingly comforting and I couldn't have made them as good at home.
:)

(For one thing, they had ham in them, which is definitely NOT ALLOWED at home..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home