Tuesday, December 06, 2005

John Kinsella's Vegan Dessert.

The poet John Kinsella came to Bugsplat this morning, and left in a cloud of outrage in the afternoon, apparently, or so I'm told. I was heartbroken that after all these decades (eighties AND nineties AND whatever we're calling this one) of fangirldom, the closest I got to an intellectual exchange with the darlin' was eating a hand-delivered serving (thanks me gorgeous Rock & Roll Bitch) of the vegan dessert (Raspberry and Pear Filo Tart with vanilla sorbet) that Lilly had made in his honour.

Lilly and he had a bit of a tiff at the Bugsplat Book Club Luncheon, but I'm sure they'd have been great friends - if only they'd met at around a campfire. Meanwhile I wrote a poem called "John Kinsella's Vegan Dessert".

ps. Bugsplat Sculpture Walk is now looking for a poet.
pps. I don't think "John Kinsella's Vegan Dessert" is quite what they've got in mind.

2 Comments:

At 9:46 PM, Blogger Eight Lives Left said...

All I know is - I want to read the recipe AND the poem. :)

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger emmajeans said...

here, here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home