Saturday, May 28, 2005

Suits you, sir.

We've been busy little worker bees.

On Thursday we drove to Bunbury to shop for work clothes and work shoes. We bought two suits; a light gray one and a creamy-honey coloured one. The gray one is a trouser suit and the creamy-honey one has a skirt.

They're both nice. I have a creamy-honey shirt that looks good with the gray suit, and a gray shirt that looks okay with the creamy-honey shirt, and I bought another shirt in a creamy honey and gray theme as well. I also have a red polo neck shirt (that I'm less confident about) and a few other shirts that might be okay with one or both of the suits. I bought red shoes (with a creamy-honey zigzag stitch squiggle on them and a creamy-honey coloured buckle) and black shoes. I think all in all I have at least six totally okay outfits there and several other combinations are possibilities. I was aiming for a gentle and sensible look.
A look that says;
"She won't burn your building down."

After that we drove to Perth and stayed overnight in a 'backpacker resort' quite close to town after hours of driving around the outer suburbs looking for a motel. The backpacker place was fine, if a little over-chlorinated, and we weren't too choosey by that stage. In the morning Gray bought a computer and we drove home again. He wants to figure out Linux. Apparently. Seems it's been niggling at him.

So, that should keep him quiet for a while.

4 Comments:

At 4:13 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

... Is Gray usually noisy?

Also, I want photos, dammit! Or at least an artist's impression of your new duds.

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger winstoninabox said...

Did you ever see the one with Johnny Depp in it? He looked kinda lost, but not in the lost sense one might expect of, "What have I got myself into being in in this sketch with two faux gay men?", but more, "Am I presently, at this moment, and yet currently existing on this plane, or am I a little snowflake in the universe of my fingernail" lost. If you get my drift.

Whatever it was, it suited him, sir!

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

Oooh.
I must have missed that one,
it sounds very amusing.
Hmmmmm.
Johnny Depp... Suits...
........Birthday Suits.

*smacks hand*

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Polysemous said...

We're getting a scanner soon.
Next purchase, a digital camera.

Photos of the suits will be provided in time. At the moment they're all lined up in my room, hanging on coathangers (with handles that twist) on a handy little beam. They're kinda scary.
There's one particular combination (the red shirt with the gray suit) that definitely says "don't mess with me". Knowing our collective weakness in the area of identity flux it's possible that we'll start giving these outfits names, having intense discussions with them and letting them have their own email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home