Monday, May 23, 2005

Zaphod's Other Head.

I found out that Andrea Dworkin died recently the way I find out about most newsworthy events - I read about it at Zaphod's Other Head, a little mailing list I love, for multiples. So, in honour of Ms. Dworkin I decided to read "Mercy", her novel about a woman called Andrea. I finished the book, and there was some lyrical beauty in it (the repetition of "My name is..down the road from where Walt Whitman lived") but after the first few chapters I was just so frustrated with the heroine that I found myself lacking sympathy for her in her terrible ordeals.

For god's sake, get a great big dog and move to the country, lassie.

(If you'd like the real name of the list, and you believe in multiples clap your hands!, no, I mean, write to me and I'll tell you.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home