Thursday, May 12, 2005

So, how did the interview go?

We wore a black dress with a fine white line floral design over top of a long black slip. Black socks. Silver and rose quartz necklace. Nut brown mary-janes. Cherry red scarf in my hair.

I think we looked good.

Gray wore a gorgeous yellow shirt and his suit, and he looked alarmingly confident.

It was hard for us (polly) to remember that an interview is like an audition and that the questions are really just openings. I think we took the questions a little too seriously. We missed a few opportunities to direct attention to our strengths. That said, we'll do much better next time, and we're just waiting to see if we or Gray get any offers.

Gray is reluctant. He doesn't really want this job. He's been online looking at scholarships. He's been talking about moving to Canberra. Or New Zealand. Or Hobart. Or Perth. He's been looking into computer courses. He's been asking me complicated questions that make me want to squirm. I've been squirming. We've both been avoiding being home to answer the phone in case we might have to make some kind of decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home