Monday, June 27, 2005

In my skin - I want to be a seal.

I got dressed up. I wore my red jacket. It was fun.
Gray wore the shiny pink paisley shirt that I bought for him when we lived in Mullumbimby. He looked gorgeous.

They made Ms Polly work for our free ticket - all afternoon we were making rice paper rolls. Then at the hall we were selling tickets at the door, serving coffee and washing up. Though I did like the way glasses of very good white wine (from the vineyard that sponsored the event) would appear, now and then, to cheer up the kitchen and front-of-door minions. And I liked my fellow minions. The films were very mixed - but some were excellent. I particularly liked "Ricocco the Clown", the sulky, silent and faintly sinister clown who did not approve of balloon animals.

Gray is a little frazzled by his deadline but I had a wonderful day today - I took a couple of front-counter volunteers out with me and we went with the National Park Ranger on a four wheel drive trip to see lots of places of interest. Waterfalls, lakes, beaches. Somewhat less exciting were the detailed inspections of picnic shelters, toilets and camping grounds.

From a shore of chunky black basalt, I saw a pod of seals fishing in the emerald and white crashing surf. They looked like athletes - perfectly at home in their sport. So comfortable in their skin, slick and glossy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home