Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Polly gets crackers.

I have eleven students in my bellydance class and our first class, on Sunday, went really well.

This guy, Bob, who can't read or write, and gets me to write his letters for him, gave me a thank you gift of block of chocolate (Cadbury's Fruit and Nut)yesterday. He's a short-wave radio enthusiast. He writes to the English Language Broadcast departments of stations all over the world and sends them postcards. They send him postcards back. They write exquisitely polite letters to each other. It moves me, such delicate solicitude between strangers.

I got my first paycheck today.

3 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger emmajeans said...

Mmm. Crackers.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger emmajeans said...

nope... I did, too. I was just being polite. But now that you mention it...

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger linbot said...

Congratulations. 8)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home